Wednesday, September 5, 2018

September Is Here!

I am so amazed at how quickly the little ones picked up on all the procedures and routines in the last 2+ weeks!  We are just cruisin' right along in our learning now that they know what to do and what the expectations are!  I thank God every morning on my way to work that I love my "job" and am blessed to spend each day with "the best kindergarteners in the world" (as I tell them!)!

This week, we have some new things - the best of which is our first visit to Azria Montclair nursing home on Thursday!  We will do an art project and other things but in all we do, we will be sharing the love of Jesus with the grandpa's and grandma's that are there!  We will be back in time for lunch this year so children may order hot lunch.  We also are doing NWEA testing this week and next week.  It's all read to them as they sit at the ipads.  I tell them that, like in all things, just do their best!  We will also be learning about the first sin and more importantly, about God's grace for Adam and Eve and His promise of a Savior for all of us!  Five and six year-olds love talking about how much Jesus loves them and readily receive God's grace!  What a blessing that is for them and one that I hope they will carry with them throughout their adult life!

We are making our way through Letterbook A this week.  We are enjoying Literacy Centers and yesterday, I heard many times, "I love "Can Do" centers, Mrs.Dartmann!"  These centers, along with the Math center time, allow for differentiation of learning, independent learning, choices in their learning, social skills, practice following directions and procedures and so much more.  We have started our FOSS science unit and are learning about trees. 

September will be a great month to continue to establish routines and procedures - and learn a few new ones as well as more things are scaffolded onto their learning.  They are just soaking up anything I can teach them and really receive any challenges and new things very well! 

Thank you for checking my notes on the daily homework sheet and for signing and commenting on them as well!  I just love that tool as a communication tool between us!

Enjoy your week!!  Stay dry!!
In Christ's Service,
Mrs.Dartmann

No comments:

Post a Comment